- Go to the Control Panel on the bottom-left portion of your screen.
- Click Customization to expand the drop-down menu.
- Click Properties.
- In section 3, Set Availability, click Yes to Make Course Available.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit
Follow the steps below to save your course for future use
- From your course's Control Panel (on the left side), click on "Packages and Utilities".
- From the next set of options, select "Export/Archive Course".
- On the next screen, you have two choices: "Export" and "Archive." To create a package that you can import into a future course, click on the "Export" button. To create a package that is a record of the course as it took place in Blackboard, click on "Archive."
- On the next screen, if you chose "Export", you'll have the opportunity to select which parts of the course you'd like to save into your package file. "Archive" has many fewer options.
- Once you're done making changes to how the course will be exported or archived, click on the "Submit" button. Creating the export/archive file may take a while.
- Once it's done, you can download it by returning to Control Panel -> Packages and Utilities -> Export/Archive Course. The export or archive files you've made for this course will be listed here. You can download a file by clicking on its filename; you will be prompted to save it to your computer.
To import this file into another course later:
- From the new course's Control Panel (on the left side), click on "Packages and Utilities".
- Select "Import Package/View Logs", then click on the "Import Package" button that appears.
- On the next screen: under section 2, choose the course package you'd like to import by clicking on the "Browse My Computer" button; under section 3, choose the course materials you'd like to import from the package.
- When you finish making those choices, click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. The import process will begin shortly.
Students are automatically enrolled in Blackboard courses based on class rosters in Merlin. If a student adds a class after the start of the term, it may take up to 24-hours after he/she appears in your Merlin roster to be enrolled in the Blackboard course.
To add preceptors, TAs or other instructors to your course, follow the instructions below:
- Login to Blackboard and access the course where this user will need to be added
- In the Control Panel under Users and Groups, click Users
- Click the Find Users to Enroll button
- Click the Browse button
- In the search box, Select Username, Contains and then type the username of the person you would like to add to your course.
- Make sure the check box next to the person's name is selected and Click the Submit button.
- Select a role from the dropdown menu and click the Submit button.
The student must have been previously assigned to this course at some point in the past. Once a person is added to a course by Datatel Datatel "owns" their user status in the course, and doesn't allow instructors to subsequently alter that status (regardless of whether the person is still assigned to the course).
To add the student to your course, ITS must manually override this status. Please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blackboard.com offers several training videos on course creation and specific features of the product. To view the training videos, please visit Blackboard's official help website at: